Thomas Edwards is The Professional Wingman where he helps people enhance their dating and social lives. The company was started in 2009 as he realized people were often coming to him for advice and support in their social lives. Today Thomas is frequently referred to as the “real-life Hitch”, as he has built a successful business around his coaching. His advice has been featured in publications like The Wall Street Journal, Maxim, The Boston Globe and more.
Starting this business was not exactly his intention back in college and it has not come without its own set of challenges. However by going after something he was passionate about Thomas is now able to do what what he loves every day. Watch the interview below to learn more about his story and how he fell into being The Professional Wingman…
Questions in the interview:
- Why the move to New York City?
- What is your target market?
- How did you end up doing this? Tell us about the days before you started the business and what led to it.
- You mentioned how reading “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” changed your mindset. Tell us 1 thing you really took away from the book.
- What was the tipping point where you realized this was the business you wanted to go into?
- What are the next steps to growing the business?
- It seems like you are figuring out how to scale this business. Tell us some of the things you are doing that allows you to reach more people.
Find Thomas on Twitter: @URwingmanSubscribe to the Podcast