TV dinners, check!
Capri Sun, check! check!
You name, I ate it. I am a child from the 80s folks. While some of those foods bring about a nostalgic feeling, it wasn’t until I became a professional with that 3pm energy slump, coffee/sugar fix just so I could keep pumping out the work and run the rat race, that I realized what exactly those foods did to me.
If you’re a CEO and a child of the 80s, you are no stranger to these foods AND working unbelievably hard, putting in way too many hours, and more often than not leaving your self-care in the wind so that you can get your precious goal accomplished only to have another amazing goal pop up two seconds before you finished your first. I’ve been there, am there, and will continue to be there.
As our businesses grow and our ideas flourish, along with it the rates of cancer, diabetes, obesity, and heart disease are growing. If we really want to bring the best version of our businesses and of ourselves, we need to start eating like flourishing entrepreneurs – not like Chunk from The Goonies and his infamous Chocolate Eruption ice cream scene.
Let’s get real here…
- Have you ever found it difficult to focus and think clear headed?
- Wake up wanting to hit the snooze button 7-times but know your business can’t wait for you to be done being tired?
- Caught yourself going to the corner Starbucks multiple times in a week? In a day?
- Grabbed that afternoon candy bar just to get you through to your next meeting or deadline?
Some of the reasons we started these businesses is to make a difference in the world, be our own boss, take on an unbelievable challenge, make money…. AND get to do or have things we normally wouldn’t – like vacations, luxuries, and more time to <insert your dream here>.
What if you could do what you are doing now and have all of that – BUT with the energy, mental clarity, and empowerment to boot?
Here is ONE simple tip that can start to transform your energy and ultimately your entire business.
Plain and simple… GREENS = leafy greens & green vegetables
By simply adding greens to our diets once a day, I have seen clients…
- transform their need for sleep
- ditch coffee habits
- break sugar addictions
- double their productivity
- increase mental clarity
- and still feel so grounded after a 70 hour week that they never thought life and business could work so well together.
We aren’t stopping there. Many times articles tell you something to do, but don’t actually support you by giving you tangible ways to do it. Well, here are 3 simple ways to get more greens into you life so that you can have more energy, need less sleep, and your mental clarity will make your ideas and business soar higher than imagined.
- Green Smoothies – One of the smartest and easiest tricks to getting your greens in for the day. Bear with me, give me the benefit of a doubt and just try it. Smoothies are one of the simplest items busy professionals can make. You take a handful of this, a handful of that, throw it in a blender and 20 seconds later you’re good to go. It can’t get much better for a busy professional. For basic green smoothie directions and a couple favorite recipes CLICK HERE.
- Wraps – Use a green leaf (chard, kale, romaine) for wraps instead of a tortilla or slice of bread.
- Small Green Salad – Add green salad (not ice berg and not doused in dressing) before each meal. I’m not asking you to take away anything; I’m just asking you to have a salad before the meal.
Some say they don’t have time… but if you want to be in top form to run your business, you can’t afford not to do at least one of these.
Katie Den Ouden is a Holistic Health & Wellness Coach who teaches busy, ambitious men and women how to keep the energy up and the weight down so they can focus on their business, family, or just life in general without dieting, deprivation, and the latest and greatest diet fad. Katie offers private and group consulting to clients nationwide. You can find out more about Katie and her clients’ success at www.RootedWellbeing.com.Suscribe to the podcast