It is time for the 2010 Face-to-Face program at British Airways. Basically the contest will give 250 US small business owners and entrepreneurs the chance to build relationships and their businesses abroad. This provides a great opportunity for businesses owners to have the ability to travel and meet clients and customers who normally are out of their reach financially. The program also offers up a great group of advisors to assist the businesses who end up winning.
How to Submit:
- Beginning today, entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to expand or enhance their business internationally may submit a video or essay of their best “elevator” pitch at www.ba.com/contest. Entering the contest provides a chance to earn a free flight to London or anywhere in the British Airways network to facilitate face-to-face meetings with potential and existing customers and business partners.
- Prior to the New York to London flight early next year, all 250 winners will have the exclusive opportunity to attend British Airways’ Face of Opportunity event on Wed, Feb. 2, 2011, in New York City, where they will receive firsthand tips and advice from influential international business experts while networking with venture capitalists, renowned entrepreneurs, media and other small business owners.
- Three selected winners also will have the chance to present their business plans to a panel of celebrity entrepreneur judges, including Bill Rancic, Barbara Corcoran and Bethenny Frankel, for a chance to win a British Airways Business Opportunity Grant, featuring additional free flights to London, or anywhere in the British Airways global network.
The Advisory Board:
- Rhonda Abrams, best-selling author and Founder/CEO of The Planning Shop
- Anita Campbell, CEO of Small Business Trends LLC
- Kevin Daum, author and columnist for Smarter Business
- Adam Ostrow, Editor and Chief, Mashable.com
- Nancy Ploeger, President of the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
- Andrew Sherman, legal and strategic advisor for small businesses, Partner, Jones Day
- Rich Sloan, Co-founder of Startup Nation
- Steve Strauss, Best-selling author and senior USATODAY.com business columnist
This is a great chance if your a small business owner and do any type of business overseas. Or maybe you are looking to expand over there but the costs have held you back.Subscribe to the Podcast