Steven graduated college in 2006 with a degree in PR and immediately went to work as an intern for a larger agency. He knew that the corporate life was not for him so he decided to try and pursue his own dream of starting a pr firm. After landing his first notable client, actor Michael Carbonaro, he knew he was on to something, this was the start of grapevine pr.
Steven eventually landed a profile on the front page of a major newspaper which his employer happened to see and promptly asked him to either leave or halt his own business. You can guess which option he chose.
Today Steven has represented over 100 clients in the entertainment industry including actor Danny Pintauro (“Who’s the Boss”) and Project Runway’s Jack Mackenroth. Listen to the interview below to learn more about how he made the leap into his own business and some helpful pr tips for young entrepreneurs…
Questions in the interview:
1. What were you doing before you started your own PR firm?
2. Did you ever work a 9-5 job or did you start your firm right out of college?
3. What inspired you to take the leap into your own business?
4. What has been your biggest challenge while starting grapevine pr?
5. Do you have some PR tips for early stage businesses?
6. What is 1 piece of advice for young entrepreneurs today?
Listen to the full interview:
[powerpress]Subscribe to the Podcast