Seven years ago, I was a 19 year old sophomore at the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s National Conference, when someone told me something I’d never forget. Just two hours before I had found myself sitting at a table of eight, having dinner with the Co-founder of Apple, Steve Wozniak and Founder of Southwest Airlines, Herb Kelleher. But, it wasn’t these moguls who made the biggest impact on me that night. A Canadian student who’s name I’ll never know, sat down to tell me how that conference changed his life.
“I realized something this weekend,” he told me. “At the end of the day, life is all about experiences. Some people collect art, some people want money… but when my time has run out, I want my life to be about the accumulation of stories…and entrepreneurship is going to be my vehicle to do that.”
I’ve lived by that motto every single day since.
For those of you looking for a life changing experience, a chance to travel, build relationships with incredible people, and use your skills to make impact on the world, Under30CEO Experiences are for you. This won’t be your typical self serving retreat where we pad each other’s egos by talking. This expedition will be all about doing. Over a four day period, we’ll be leading a group of twenty amazing entrepreneurs on an adventure tour through a country who was devastated by the global economic crisis, and together develop framework to implement sustainable startup communities across the world.
Expedition by Day. Solve a Global Issue by Night.
Join the brightest young minds at the meeting of Europe and the Americas for a four day social venture excursion like no other.
Become re-inspired by exotic travels, share your entrepreneurial experiences, and solve problems to help the grassroots movement of global entrepreneurship.
Revitalize yourself by experiencing the world around you, examining your values, and how you see the planet.
Meet with leaders at the full day Startup Iceland Conference and the launch of Iceland as part of the Techstars Global Network to help create a framework for sustainable startup ecosystems across the globe, including:
- President of Iceland, Olafur Ragnar Grimmson
- Founder of Techstars, Brad Feld
- Venture Capitalist at Union Square Ventures, Brad Burnham
Focus on ideating solutions for the global the global entrepreneurship movement. Collaborate with peers and mentors, build a framework for sustainable startup ecosystems.
Dates: Arrive Morning May 30th, 2012 , Depart June 3rd, 2012 and includes:
- Airport pickup and drop off from Keflavik Airport (Reykjavik)
- 4 night stay in Iceland, 1 night in Reykjavik and 3 nights in mountains
- Admission to 2012 Startup Iceland Conference and startup incubator tours
- Amazing Race style GPS scavenger hunt, Superjeeps and Mountain Guides
- Activities: Canyoning, hiking, and swimming in world famous Blue Lagoon
- Viking culture campfire, teambuilding, and leadership briefing in mountains
- All meals in mountains. Safety and Procedure planning by South Iceland Adventure
- Collaboration with top notch entrepreneurs and country leaders to create a plan to build sustainable startup ecosystems
Blog from our last social venture trip to Iceland check out our project here on Climate Unchange
New post with more information: Fixing the Global Economy Through Entrepreneurship and Innovation
To apply email matt @ under30ceo.com with a paragraph explaining how you’ll make impact by joining us on the inaugural Under30CEO Experience ASAP.
Category: Startup Advice