If you’re not too sure, this post might help you out a bit.
I have listed some of the traits that internet entrepreneurs share below, as sort of a test. If you notice yourself nodding from beginning to end, you can be pretty sure that you are an internet entrepreneur. If you’re laughing by the end of it, you are, without a doubt an internet entrepreneur.
Let’s see if you recognize yourself in these:
1. You check your stats constantly – Google Analytics/Clicky are practically your homepages
2. You’ve done seo for years and still don’t understand what it is – You’re still not too sure what constitutes a white hat strategy vs. a black hat one.
3. You spend a ridiculous amount of time reading motivational quotes – thinkexist.com anyone?
4. You’ve started at least one no revenue – hope they buy me for bajillions type app – did I just 500 facepalms?
5. You’ve been on the google keyword tool checking out the potential of a niche idea, more times than you can remember – You know the ppc cost of a 50 keywords. Yes, that IS strange.
6. You know how to code, but your not the greatest at it – pasta!
7. You have watched over 300 mixergy interviews – If you’re reading this, are an entrepreneur and haven’t checked out Mixergy. Then you need to stop and do that now.
8. You can not get your head around the appeal of cat videos – What’s up with those?
9. There is never a time that you’re not thinking about your business – Ever dreamt about it?
10. You have projected your year 4 revenue hitting $100 million at least once – Private jet by year 2? Yeah, I’ve done it too.
11. You have used and paid for more than 20 Saas apps – And you’ve been billed unexpectedly because you FORGOT to cancel after the free trial!
12. You watch less tv than almost anybody else you know
13. You spend more time online than almost anyone you know
14. You cant visit a site without trying to figure out how much they are making – You know typical advertising CPM’s and conversion rates like the back of your hand.
15. You’ve tried affiliate marketing at least once – I know….
16. You have more online accounts than you can actually remember – There has to be a psychology textbook somewhere with a name for this.
17. Relatives and friends are ALWAYS asking you if you can build them a website – Grrr
18. You’ve had at least one bad outsourcing experience – Delayed Dev time, misunderstood deliverables, bad time keeping, yes, yes and yes.
19. Get rich quick schemes REALLY annoy you – “With just three easy payments…..” (Shakes head)
20. You’ve read more business books than a harvard business school professor! – You’re the only guy you know who could probably actually fill your kindle.
21. You really dont see the risk that everyone is talking about – Risk?
22. You write more than you ever thought you would when you were in high school – This one probably came as a shock.
23. You’ve gone at least one full day without eating or drinking. Because you forgot to – We’ve all done it.
24. Your inbox looks like a business blog homepage – you know what I’m talking about.
25. You have a mac (or you want one)
26. You often think of amounts of money in terms of what you could do with it, business wise – Buying ‘stuff’ rarely enters your mind. But buying that new domain for that new site idea? OH yea!
27. You’ve worked in your boxer shorts – at least once – again we’ve ALL done this.
28. You’ve read more blog posts than you care to remember – Information Diet anyone?
29. You NEVER think your website looks good – That pesky pixel on the lower right hand corner!
30. You procrastinate more than your average human but yet seem to get more done over time – “I’ll just browse reddit for a few minutes. Or hours. Or days.”
31 (Bonus!). You have read all of these and laughed!
How many of these did you see yourself in? Or do you do?
Let me know in the comments!Suscribe to the podcast