Today we had the chance to talk with Leena Chitnis who has recently won $25,000 in the Syracuse University business plan competition for her company PiezoTouch Inc. PiezoTouch will enable people to send a human touch, wirelessly, to another person through their electronic skin. Leena is aggressively raising money for the prototype of the technology which is what led her into the business plan competition. In the interview Leena gives some key tips on writing your financials, presenting and developing the business plan. Take a few minutes to listen to the full interview below.
Questions in the interview:
- Could you tell us about your background and how you started your business?
- How did you get into entrepreneurship?
- Where did PiezoTouch come into all of this?
- Have you raised any other money for your project?
- Tell us about entering the business plan competition and the process you went through?
- What do you have to continue working on during the competition after you have entered?
- How did you go about writing your financial projections for the competition when you have not sold anything yet?
- Do you have 1 key tip for people going into a business plan competition?
- What will you be doing with your winnings?
Listen to the interview:
[powerpress]Subscribe to the Podcast