Today we had the chance to speak with Zak Boca and Dan Ushman of SingleHop. Before SingleHop Zak and Dan had started a web hosting company called Midphase which after the initial investment of $1500 grew to over 100,000 clients in only a few years. During that venture both had decided to drop out of school to pursue the company full time and they never looked back.
After selling Midphase the two started their current company SingleHop which has a $20 million run rate. While in similar industries the two companies had very different targets and marketing plans behind them. Listen to the full interview below to hear more about how these two entrepreneurs have built not one but two thriving companies.
Questions in the interview:
- Could we hear about your background before SingleHop?
- Did you drop out of college?
- How did you initially fund your first venture?
- Is there a reason you have never pursued outside funding?
- You mentioned having 4 clients on the first day some people would love to have that in the first month. How have you marketed?
- Could you talk about some of your major obstacles within either of your companies?
- Could you each give us 1 piece of advice for young entrepreneurs today?
List to the full interview:
[powerpress]Suscribe to the podcast